Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sock Wars V


Sometime in December: dyed some yarn by throwing all the leftover red dye (four shades) into one pot, ended up with pretty kettled-dyed yarn, thought to myself "hm, looks like bloodstains, better save it for Sock Wars."
Jan. 1-14: made a pair of Barcelonas to train up.  First top-down sock, first heel flap, first Kitchener stitch.  Adjusted the pattern for magic loop, felt very pleased with myself.
Jan. 9: received dossier on target via email.  She requests red - hooray! - which means I have my yarn all ready.
Jan. 13: swatched, determined that 2.5 mm needles would give me required gauge of 8 sts/in.
Jan. 15, 2 PM: folded all the laundry, did the dishes
Jan. 15, 4 PM: showered
Jan. 15, 4:15 PM: took the toddler to the corner store and bought supplies (oreos, candy, coke)
Jan. 15, 5 PM: Sock Wars V begins!  Patterns released.  Parked toddler in front of the television and started two different patterns before selecting Don't Box Me In.

Jan. 15-16: worked incessantly on death socks, including all-nighter Friday night.  Finished socks Saturday night.
Jan. 17: drove 96 miles in pouring rain to deliver death socks to target, came home with her socks-in-progress.  Kill #1accomplished.  Napped.  Worked on death socks for target #2.
Jan. 19: finished death socks for target #2.
Jan. 20: mailed death socks to Illinois.
Jan. 22: death socks received in Illinois.  Kill #2 accomplished.
Jan. 23: received word that Kill #2's target in Colorado mailed her socks-in-progress to me.



And here I wait.  I expect I may get death socks in the mail from my assassin in New York at any time.  She seems to be the silent stealthy type.  Target #3 is located in Washington.

1 comment:

  1. Target #3 really hopes that new yorker gets her act together quick! My target hasn't posted her death yet because she's in freaking ENGLAND! Random shmandom. An international target really isn't fair at all.

    ReplyDelete